Current Member FAQS

I am currently registered. How and when do I renew?

Registration renewal occurs annually and is completed through NLCHP. Registration renewal occurs on April 1 of each year. The administrative deadline to submit your application for renewal and avoid a late fee is March 1.

The renewal process is completed online in the NLCHP portal.

See NLCHP for an overview of the renewal process.

What are the Continuing Education requirements and how do I submit?

NLCHP’s Continuing Professional Development recording tool is available through the NLCHP Portal. All materials pertaining to your College requirements are available in the portal.

What happens if I forget to renew my registration on time?

If you forget to renew your registration and it lapses, there are penalties in place, which are outlined in the NLCHP fee schedule, found here.

Individuals who practice without a valid practicing license will be subject to a penalty (Effective January 1, 2019 of $100/per day worked with no maximum) and where the period of practice exceeds 3 days from and including the 1st day will be subject to discipline in accordance with Part V of the Health Professions Act 2010. You are not confirmed eligible to practice until you receive written confirmation from the NLCHP.

I am taking time off (i.e. maternity leave), do I still need to register?

Yes. You can register for non-practicing status if you know you won’t be practicing for 1 year or more. Please refer to the change of status section (under new applicants but also under current members, link to one of these)

Is there a discounted fee for part-time or unemployed Speech-Language Pathologists or Audiologists?

Any Speech-Language Pathologist or Audiologist working in NL, no matter what the hours, must register for general status. If you know you are not practicing for 1 year or more, you may register for non-practicing status.

I’ve been asked to mentor a new Speech-Language Pathologist or Audiologist. What do I need to know?

Please refer to the Become a Mentor section of our website, found here.

Where can I access members-only information e.g. documents, policies, minutes, etc.

Members-only documents can be found on the Members Only Portal. All members have received a unique login and password to access this section of the website.

I wish to change my status during the registration period. What do I need to do?

Registrants who wish to change their active registration category during the registration year must complete a Change in Status Request form. Please contact the NLCHP for more information.

You are not confirmed eligible to resume practice until you complete a second change of status form and receive written confirmation from the NLCHP.

I have a question about _____? Who do I contact?




General Inquiries: